EPF Transfer & Withdrawal Online Guide & Forms Download

EPF – Employees Provident Fund.

Employees Provident Fund is a retirement saving plan which was mandatory for all salaried employees. It was maintained by EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization). Any organization with 15 plus regular employees must register and contribute PF with EPFO.

EPF Withdrawal Process:

Form 19 is the application designated for Provident Fund Withdrawal by employee. The employer can contribute, but employees have provision to both deposit and withdrawal. During change of employers, Current EPF is transferred to new employers PF account. If the employee is not working for two or more months, they can withdraw PF deposits completely. Interest free partial withdrawal from PF account is also allowed during recession periods.

In certain cases like Buying a property like new house, Plot, Apartment etc, Higher studies for depended children, Marriages, Health concerns which are not applicable in ESI, EPF Withdrawal is allowed.

EPF Withdrawal & Transfer application Forms:

Different Forms are allocated for PF withdrawal & Transfer to bank or other UAN account.

Form 2 PF Payment for Pensioners & Employees for Nominees.
From 13 PF Transfer to another account
Form 19 EPF Withdrawal
Form 10C EPS is being stopped.

Latest update in EPF Withdrawal:

If an employee is not in service for one month, then he or she can draw 75 percent of EPF funds at a time. After 2 consecutive months, remaining 25% is allowed to draw from his account and the PF account is closed.

EPF Withdrawal process:

There are two modes for EPF withdrawal.

Direct Written Application form submitted in EPFO offices

Online Application for EPF Withdrawal.

Written Application form steps:

In physical application submission there are two modes for withdraw for PF

PF Withdraw with & without aahar UID card.

PF withdraw using Aadhaar Card

Every employee for EPF withdrawal by using Aadhar UID card must activate his UAN account in EPFO member portal. Fill Form 19 or 31 or 10C based on the nature of withdrawal & provide your details like Name, PAN, Mobile number, and EPF account details. You also must provide a cancelled cheque for verification. Submit the filled application in nearest EPFO office & the bank account which you provided must match with the one in UAN database.

PF without Using Aadhar Card

If u want Withdraw Your without Your Adhar card and u you have fill the forms like 19, 31 or 10c. After that required details, attested from authority officer as magistrate, manager of the bank of your salary account or a member of the EPFO.

 Make sure the authority signature stamps every page with his/her signature.  

 Attached with Rs 100 stamp paper, along with the following details of pay slips, Form 19, Employee ID card, appointment letter and KYC documents (ID and address proof) to the EPF office.

Submission by Online Application

All the Employees can also withdraw PF by using Online Application.

EPF Online Withdrawal Steps & Process

Login to the UAN portal using UAN and Password.

Click on Manage tab and KYC and provide the details like Aadhar, PAN Number, Bank account details

After the Verification of your details, go to Online Services tab and then CLAIM

Click On proceed.

On the Claim Form, select the claim like PF withdrawal or Pension withdrawal

At the last step, using Aadhar OTP to complete the Claim form

TDS Deduction on PF Withdrawal

 If your withdrawal amount is more than Rs 50,000 , EPFO deducts TDS.

Exceptions to the EPF withdrawal rule:

If the employee has submitted the PAN number, TDS amount deducted will be 10% instead of 34.6 .

Form 15G/ 15H has been submitted by the employee.

in case the service termination, TDS is not applicable

Tax Benefits on EPF Withdrawal

The employee can benefits the tax up to 30%. EPF is eligible for tax deduction under section 80C.  The employer’s contribution to EPF subject to 12% of employee’s basic salary + DA along with Interest is tax exemption.  In case any member makes the withdrawal of EPF balance before 5 years, all the tax savings would become Null.